Kunsthistorisches Institut Doctoral Fellowship and Postdoctoral Fellowship on Human Aging
Doctoral Fellowship (3 years) & Postdoctoral Fellowship (2 years)
In conjunction with the Max Planck International Research Network on Aging (MaxNetAging), the Kunsthistorisches Institut in Florence (Max-Planck-Institut) seeks to appoint a doctoral and a postdoctoral fellowship to pursue studies in Art History with a focus on human aging starting in January 2012.
The MaxNetAging Research School (MNARS) is an international graduate program launched by the Max Planck International Research Network on Aging (MaxNetAging). The program focuses on topics of aging ranging across the full spectrum of the behavioral and social sciences, biology, law and the humanities.
Each fellow enrolled in the MNARS will be affiliated with one participating Max Planck Institute. During the first six months of the MNARS all doctoral and postdoctoral fellows will study together at the Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research in Rostock. Please visit www.maxnetaging.mpg.de for more information on the program and the participating Max Planck Institutes.
Applications should include
- a CV
- a statement about the level of the job you are seeking (as doctoral or postdoctoral student) and why you are interested in working in the MaxNetAging Research School
- details of qualifications, including information about honors, awards, or evaluations of your educational degrees (e.g., “cum laude”)
- a list of publications, if any
- names and addresses of 2 people we can contact about you, and
- for postdoctoral fellows a brief outline about your research agenda in the upcoming two years
Applicants should also indicate the Max Planck Institute they wish to be affiliated with.
The Max Planck Society wishes to increase the share of women in areas where they are underrepresented, and strongly encourages women to apply. The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Applications should be addressed to the MaxNetAging Director Prof. James W. Vaupel and sent by e-mail at the latest by June, 30, 2011 to email@example.com
E-mail inquiries concerning the application process and other aspects of MNARS should also be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org or see the Kunsthistorisches website http://www.khi.fi.it/ausschreibungen/stellenangebote/stellenangebot79/index.html